Wednesday, March 30, 2011

God Bless Text Messaging

I got two wonderful pieces of news today.  Knowing B had a doctor's appointment, I was eagerly awaiting that little text message *ding* from my phone.  (Thanks, Tara, for teasing me this morning!)  The morning came and went.  Lunch and the afternoon came and went.  4:00 came, 5:00 came, and then...

B: Hey my c-section is scheduled for the 27th of April.
Me: Everything looking good?
B: Yeah babies are as healthy as can be.

Praise the Lord! Healthy babies coming in four weeks! AAAAAH!!!

I feel like I’ve been waiting to find out when Christmas will be! Meanwhile, I finally, finally picked out fabric for the babies’ room. I’m so thankful to have a great friend who’s a pro at all this stuff. (Check her out at http://www.savvy-stitches.com/.)  Stripes and dotted circles are for window treatments and the other two are for their bedding.  I'll probably also use all four fabrics for various other things in the room.  Paint color is in the middle.



We had our first baby shower last weekend and it was wonderful and weird. Weird because it took a while to even feel like it was ours. Everything has happened so fast, and we’ve been so busy trying to get things in order, we’ve barely had time to let it all sink in. Yet there we were, opening gifts and eating cake and drinking punch. And let me tell you, not being pregnant at your own baby shower is definitely strange! We were so blessed that night by the outpouring of love and generosity. We now have stacks and stacks of diapers, our double stroller, and both of our car seats!

Tonight I was unable to make it to church, but Tim came home with a surprise from the kids there.


How adorable!  Hand-made fleece blankets and burp cloths with their hand, foot, and finger prints.  I've worked with these kiddos (and siblings and parents) for the past few years and love them SOOOOO MUCH.  It's like getting a gift from my babies for my babies!

March has been a wild ride.  As we've gone through this whole adoption process, Tim started a new job, I turned 32, we got to take a great trip to Atlanta, Kentucky has made it to the Final Four beating three of our "hated" teams along the way, and Spring has refused to show its face.  Crazy.  And now I will admit that I just typed "I turned 31" and didn't even realize it until my final edit.  A girl can hope, right?

So many prayers beyond ourselves this week and upcoming weekend.  Chuck and Abby travel home from Ethipoia with Zeek and Layla on Friday.  There will be teams from our church heading to eastern Ky. and also to Arizona for mission trips during spring break week.  And finally, the baby of some friends born just last week is suffering from major heart problems.  Please take a minute to pray for baby Owen.  My heart breaks for his family as I rejoice in our good news.

More updates as I have them.  For now it's back to organizing and cleaning - only four weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment